While we take steps to maintain protection of your personal information, your personal information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from governments, regulators, courts and law enforcement authorities in those other jurisdictions or countries.
If you are a resident of Canada, you may have the following rights:
Access, Correction or Deletion. You may request to access, to correct or to delete your personal information (provided we no longer have a business need to retain your personal information). Even if you request for your personal information to be deleted, certain aspects may be retained for us to: meet our legal or regulatory compliance (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us); exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on the Intuit Platform. Data retained for these purposes will be handled as described in “Information Retention”.
Withdraw consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time to collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
File a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with the applicable Privacy Commissioner about our collection and processing of your personal information.
What you can do to manage your privacy
You have choices when it comes to managing the privacy of your personal information.
Update your privacy settings. You may update your privacy settings by visiting your account settings.
Manage marketing communications from us. To update your marketing communication preferences, you can go to the marketing preference tools in your account settings. You may also click unsubscribe at the bottom of the marketing emails.
Cookies and other tracking technologies. You may be able to opt-out of interest based advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page, NAI Opt-Out Page and the Choices Opt-Out Page.
Correct your personal information. You can edit and correct your personal information at any time by changing it directly in our products and services.
Request a copy of your personal information. You may request a copy of your personal information by contacting us through the link provided in the “How to Contact Us” section for Canada, below.
Delete your personal information. You may request for us to delete your personal information by contacting us through the link provided in the “How to Contact Us” section for Canada, below.
Scope of this Privacy Statement and our role
The Red Plaid Platform and your information
When we say “platform” we mean that when you choose to share data with us; specifically your name, address and phone number.
The personal information we use in this centralized way is all the information that Red Plaid Developments knows about you, either because you are an end user of our services or a customer contact (like a subscriber to a customer's email list) whose personal information has been included in the Red Plaid Developments Platform. It may also include information such as your credentials; your name and contact details; payment information; information about your activities, behavior, your interests and preferences, insights about your finances, business or preferences or your contacts; the content you or others place about you in our Platform; and information we have collected about you from third-party sources.
Information we collect
Information we receive from you
The personal information that we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with Intuit, how you configure your account and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings. Personal information that we receive from you may also depend upon what services, functionalities or experiences you use, your location and applicable law.
Creating an account. We collect information when you (or your organization) create an account, interact with the Intuit Platform or activate a subscription. Personal information may include your name, address, phone number and email, country, profile photo, billing information (your payment information), usernames and credentials.
Usage information. We may collect information about your usage of the Platform, such as the pages you viewed, the services and features you used or interacted with, your browser type and details about any links or communications with which you interacted.
Location information. Certain features in the Intuit Platform may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings. For example, if you use our time-tracking service.
Camera and contacts. Certain features may have access to your camera and contacts if you grant permission in your device settings.
Information stored locally. Some of our web-enabled desktop services and offerings synchronize with the information on your computer. In doing so, we may collect information such as device information, product usage, and error reports. We may also store personal information locally on your device.
How we use personal information
We collect and process personal information about you where:
- We have your consent to do so;
- We have a contract with you and it is necessary to process your personal information to perform our contract with you, including to provide you with the benefits of the Intuit Platform and operate our business;
- The processing is in our legitimate business interests (in those jurisdictions where legitimate business interest is a legitimate basis for processing) such as operating our businesses, improving and developing the Intuit Platform, communicating with you, marketing our offerings and services and personalizing your experience, and to detect illegal activities; or
- We need to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations.
Personal information is used for the following purposes including to:
- Provide you with the Red Plaid Developments Platform, create your account and manage our relationship with you
- Improve and develop our products and services by analyzing how they are used and interacted with, as well as by assessing the use of and interactions with our Platform and certain content our customers send or display through the Platform, including by conducting data analytics to develop insights about you, your needs and preferences so we can make more informed predictions, recommendations and products for our customers
- Run and manage our business, including resolving billing and financial disputes
- Evaluate your eligibility for financial or other marketing offers, products and services
- Provide features to you, such as your free credit reports and scores
- Connect you with experts and other users
- Communicate with you, such as sending you electronic notifications concerning your financial privacy
- Protect against misuse or abuse of our services and ensure compliance with our terms, including in relation to content our customers send or display through the Platform
- Market our services, products and experiences, including to deliver gifts and promotional materials, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications via email, post, telephone, SMS or push notifications, in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Personalize your experience and tailor recommendations, advertising and offers presented to you, including through the development of insights about you and your needs based on your interactions with the products, services and offerings of our platform
- Combine and anonymize information about your interactions with Intuit to create aggregate, anonymized statistics for use in research and for marketing, promoting, improving and developing our platform
- Provide you with support and resolve disputes
- Conduct research, including by partnering with academic institutions
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements
- Authenticate your identity, including through the use of Biometric Data
- Manage event registrations and attendance, including sending related communications to you
- Register visitors to our offices for security reasons and manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign
- Protect the rights, property, safety or security of the Intuit Platform, our customers, employees or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
- Exercise our rights in the course of judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings
- Enforce, remedy or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements and/or
- Process your information for other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
To provide you with valuable personalized advice, recommendations and experiences, we may process your personal information using automated and manual (human) methods. Our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI) and a range of technologies that help our services learn and reason to improve our ability to personalize and enhance your experience in the Intuit Platform.
How we share your information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. In accordance with our Data Stewardship Principles, except for as outlined below, we only share your information with third parties when you have directed us to do so.
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention requirements and provide you with services and the benefits of the Red Plaid Developments Platform and successfully run our business. However, even if you request a deletion, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- comply with our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us);
- to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
This means we may keep different information for different periods. If your account is canceled because you’ve not used it in a long time, we may delete this information straight away.
There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete, anonymize, or de-identify your information due to technical, legal, regulatory compliance or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete, anonymize, or de-identify it.